1. Admission to the National University of Water and Environment Engineering (hereinafter - NUWEE) for foreign citizens and stateless persons is carried out according to Ukrainian laws “On Higher Education”, “On legal status of foreign citizens and stateless persons”, “On foreign Ukrainians”, “On refugees and people needed additional or temporary protection”, Decree of President of Ukraine, issued on the 3rd of July 1994 № 271 “On Measures for economic cross-border cooperation in border regions in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova”, resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the 11th of September 2013 №684 “Some issues on foreign citizens and stateless persons admission”, regulated by the Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on the 1st of November 2013 №1541 “Some issues on enrolment and studying (internship) of foreign citizens and stateless persons, registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on the 25th of November 2013 №2004/24536 with editing amendments (effective of August, 11, 2017, №1167), Admission regulations for foreign citizens and stateless persons to enter the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering on the 25th of January 2019 issued by the NUWEE.
2. Foreign citizens and stateless persons, legally residing in Ukraine, can obtain higher education at the expense of individual and legal entities, unless otherwise stated in the international agreements of Ukraine approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between higher education establishments on international academic mobility.
Admission of foreign citizens to the University at the expense of the state or local budget is carried out within quotas for foreigners.
3. Foreign citizens and stateless persons may obtain higher education in Ukraine can enter NUWEE for the accredited educational programmes (specialties).
Foreign citizens and stateless persons may obtain higher education in Ukraine at the expense of individual and legal entities:
1) twice a year, before and at the beginning of the academic semesters (until November, 01 and until March,01, respectively), for obtaining a bachelor's degree and a master's degree;
2) throughout the year for doctoral (PhD) and postdoctoral studies.
4. Competitive selection of foreign citizens and stateless persons to obtain a bachelor’s degree or master's degree is carried out in accordance with the results of entrance examinations in foreign language and specialty subjects. Successful completion of corresponding educational level allows to continue studying at higher educational level according to the foreign educational documents recognition.
5. Foreign citizens and stateless persons can apply and provide all necessary documents to enter the University at Bachelor's and/or Master's degree according to the approved license from February 01 to February 25, 2019 and from July 01 to October 29, 2019, respectively. Enrolment deadline is March, 1, 2019 and November, 1, 2019.
6. Foreign citizens who finished Preparatory Department for International Students of NUWEE can be enrolled within the license limits. Enrolment takes place within 5–10 days after Preparatory courses termination.
7. Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons, who come to study at the NUWEE to obtain an academic degree of Bachelor, is based on interviews recommendations in two competitive subjects.
8. An interview includes a complex task in mathematics and the Ukrainian language.
The interview program meets the program requirements in relevant subjects according to the external independent evaluation programs.
9. Applicants are allowed to participate in the competitive selection, if the number of points/grades for the interview is not less than 4 points (within 10-point scale) for the mathematics and at least 4 points (within 10-point scale) for the Ukrainian language entrance test.
10. Applicants who choose the specialty 191 "Architecture and Urban Planning" have to pass additional exam consisting of two tasks – drawing and drafting. The applicant must complete the tasks of additional exam according to the detailed evaluation criteria and the time required to complete the tasks.
11. Competitive selection of foreign citizens and stateless persons to obtain a Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree is carried out in accordance with the results of entrance examinations in foreign language and relevant subjects.
12. Ukrainian language as a foreign language is the entrance examination in foreign language for foreign citizens and stateless persons to obtain Master's degree.
13. Admission of all foreign students is based on the enrolment order formed in Electronic registry.
14. Foreign citizens are personally applying to Admission office of University.
Foreign citizens submit an application form with the following documents:
1) educational document (original and copy) according to educational level and degree;
2) transcript of records (original and copy);
3) academic transcript issued by foreign and Ukrainian educational establishments (in case of transfer or renewal after completing the first year of study);
4) original and copy of educational certificate according to educational level with information about credits, term of study, academic discipline success for Master’s degree and postgraduate degree;
5) copy of passport or document certifying a stateless person;
6) medical insurance if nothing else is stated by international agreements of Ukraine;
7) 4 photos 3*4cm;
8) copy of foreign Ukrainian ID card;
9) abstract of research thesis according to the certain specialty or a list of published scientific papers and inventions in Ukrainian and English languages when entering postgraduate courses (PhD).
To enter postdoctoral programme the following documents are submitted in English and Ukrainian language:
- thematic plan of postdoctoral thesis;
- copy of PhD diploma.
10) Admission to University for foreign citizens and stateless persons who study on academic mobility programme is carried out according to Admission Rules of NUWEE and international agreements and programmes on academic mobolity.
Abovementioned documents (clauses 1-5) must be translated into Ukrainian language with notarization of the translation.
Abovementioned documents (clauses 1-4) must be certified in the country of issue and legalized by the correspondent Ukrainian establishments abroad unless otherwise stated in international agreements of Ukraine.
All abovementioned documents are kept in the student`s profile at the Human Recourse Department for students.
15. Foreign citizens, who are granted a state scholarship under international agreements, national programs, and other international obligations of Ukraine, can be enrolled within the established quotas for foreign students approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
16. Foreign students can participate in academic mobility according to NUWEE agreements with other foreign higher educational establishment.
17. Foreign Ukrainians who legally stay in Ukraine and whose status is certified by a foreign Ukrainian ID card have the same rights for education at a higher educational establishment as the citizens of Ukraine, unless otherwise stated in the Constitution, laws, and international agreements of Ukraine approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians are enrolled to university within the established quotas for foreigners according to the results of an interview in subjects defined by the Admission Rules.
18. Admission regulations are not applied to foreign citizens legally residing in Ukraine, and those, who have permanent residence and those who have refugee status or/and people needed additional or temporary protection. However, foreign citizens who have been granted a refugee status in Ukraine can be admitted to the NUWEE on the state (local) budget within the established quotas according to the competitive selection.