The NUWEE conducts its educational and scientific activity according to the license of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine AE № 636444 from 04.06.2015 til 07.01.2024.
The National University of Water and Environmental Engineering offers foreign citizens 27 Bachelor’s degree programmes, 29 Specialist’s degree programmes and 38 Master’s degree programmes.
The full list of accredited specialties is available here
The study duration of a Bachelor's programme is 4 years and Master's degree programmes is usually 1,5 to 2 years. The language of instruction in the studies offered for international students is Ukrainian.
Foreign citizens who do not speak the language of study are offered to enter the Preparatory Department.
Preparatory training programme lasts 8 months.
Foreigners also have the opportunity to enter postgraduate or doctoral studies after the successful completion of Master’s degree programme and if they demonstrated their skills in the scientific and research activities. Postgraduate studies last 3 years. The language of instruction in the studies offered for international students is Ukrainian.
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, from September to January and from February to June. The duration of each semester is 17-18 weeks. At the end of each semester 1-2 week exam session takes place.
List of documents to get the invitation from the University:
1) copy of the passport;
2) copy of educational certificate (translated into the Ukrainian language) with those obtained grades (points) and information about the assessment of knowledge, according to which the grades are listed the document;
3) the completed application form of standard sample.
After the candidate obtained the invitation to study at NUWEE, he/she must pay visa support to the account of Ukrainian State Centre of International Education. Details are listed at: http://intered.com.ua/payment-for-services
To obtain an entry visa a foreigner must apply to the Embassy of Ukraine in the country of origin or neighboring country, attaching to the application invitation to study from The National University of Water and Environmental Engineering.
For the citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan visa to enter Ukraine is not required.
At the international airport Boryspil (Kyiv) you will be met by a representative of The National University of Water and Environmental Engineering or authorized person.
According to the current legislation of Ukraine foreigners can enter to the University:
- twice a year, before and at the beginning of the academic semester (until 1 of November and until 1 of March), to obtain a bachelor's degree, master's degree;
- during all year for postgraduate study, doctoral program and academic mobility.
List of documents to enter The National University of Water and Environmental Engineering:
- application form of standard sample;
- origin and a copy of the diploma on obtained education and grades;
- origin and a copy of the education certificate and grades received in all subjects (points);
- origin and a copy of the transcript of records, original and copy of the document, which contains information about the degree (level) of higher education, received before, the duration of learning and achievement in various academic disciplines for admission to a master's degree;
- copy of all pages of the foreign citizen’s passport;
- valid medical insurance (except foreigners who come from countries with which there are signed agreements about free rendering of urgent medical aid);
- 4 colour photos 30*40 mm;
- copy of certificate of the foreign Ukrainian (if is available).
Documents (clauses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) have to be translated into Ukrainian with the notary seal and attested in accordance with the legislation of the country of their issue and legalized in the stated order if nothing else is implied by international treaties of Ukraine.
In addition, educational documents of international students issued by educational institutions of other countries have to pass the process of recognition in Ukraine under its law.
In the case of absence of authenticity confirmation of the educational certificates and diplomas of the international student (within the first year of study) the University expel foreigner from the list of students.
Foreign citizen who want to obtain postgraduate degree programme also submit an abstract in the chosen scientific specialty or officially certified at the place of work / training of the candidate list of published scientific works and inventions.
For admission to doctoral studies candidate must conduct:
- plan of the thesis for scientific degree of «Doctor of Science»;
- copy of diploma on the obtained degree level.
For more information and regulations on education of foreigners in Ukraine You can surfe the website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine http://mon.gov.ua, and the Ukrainian State Centre of International Education http://intered.com.ua/en.
The information about tuition fee for 2016 academic year is available at: tuition fee
Tuition fee is paid in the national currency of Ukraine, hryvnia, according to the rate of National Bank of Ukraine on the day of its payment.
Additional costs are:
- registration in the State Migration Service of Ukraine (usual registration – 108, urgent registration – 161 UAH.);
- regular and emergency medical insurance (420), accident insurance (30 USD.);
- insurance and third party liability related with deportation process (350 USH).
For more information contact, please, with the Centre for International Student Affairs and International Relations of NUWEE:
Centre for International Student Affairs and International Relations :
Adress: 11 Soborna st., 33028 Rivne,academic building №1, office 101 (ground floor)
Tel/fax: (0362) 63-34-45, 7-24 (internal)