Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program is the oldest and most prestigious international program for exchange of scholars and students funded by the United States government.
The Fulbright Program was opened in Ukraine at the beginning of 1992. Its goal was and remains to increase the mutual understanding between people of the United States and Ukraine through scholarly and research exchanges.
Since the inception of the Fulbright Program in Ukraine, nearly 930 Ukrainian scholars, students, and professionals have traveled to the United States for research or study in U.S. institutions of higher education.
1. For graduating seniors, graduate students and young professionals
Fulbright Graduate Student Program provides study grants for students to complete 1- or 2-year academic programs for a Master of Arts or Sciences degree or non-degree programs at U.S. universities.
2. For junior faculty and researchers
Fulbright Research and Development Program provides opportunities for scholars and professionals to conduct research, engage in course and curriculum development.
3. For those who hold "kandydat nauk" and "doktor nauk" degrees, junior researchers and postgraduate students
Fulbright Scholar Program offers research opportunities at the U.S. universities and research institutions for a period from 3 to 9 months.
Candidates, who research in such fields as political science and public administration, in particular development of democracy and civil society, are able to choose the Kennan Institute in Washington as their research affiliation. Grant length is 6 months and starts from September 1st or March 1st.
4. For Ukrainian academic institutions of higher learning and research institutions who wish to host U.S. scholars and specialists
Fulbright Specialist Program: Ukrainian educational and research institutions can invite U.S. faculty and professionals to collaborate with their counterparts on curriculum and faculty development; institutional planning; participation in conferences, seminars, and workshops; and intensive teaching activities with students and faculty. The program awards grants ranging from 2 to 6 weeks.
The deadline for applications for the Program Fulbright:
1. Fulbright Graduate Student Program until 16 of May each year
2. Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant until 1 of August each year
3. Fulbright Research and Development Program until 1 of November each year
4. Fulbright Scholar Program until 15 of October each year
5. U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program until 31 of October each year
6. Fulbright Specialist Program can apply for three or four months before the planned date of his arrival.
More details: http://www.fulbright.org.ua/en/